Save your card details onNordPass with OCR scanning
- Forget about manual data input. Add your details hassle-free.
What does the OCR scan mean?
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) is a technology used to recognize text in documents, photos, or image files. It scans and identifies text (printed, typed, or handwritten), and then converts it into editable file formats. It was invented back in the day when the only way to transform a printed document into editable text was to manually re-type it. This was time-consuming and prone to error.
- Nowadays, you can find various ORC uses. For example, you may use OCR software to help you convert scanned paper documents into digital files, but you can also find OCR application in mobile apps, including NordPass. You can use its functionality to scan credit card details and import other sensitive data into apps.
What text does OCR scanner recognize?
- It can recognize characters such as letters, numbers, and punctuation marks. It can also read different fonts and size of the text, as well as handwritten text. However, OCRs are limited to their lexicon — a list of words or characters it can identify. At the moment, NordPass can only recognize Latin characters.
How accurate is OCR?
- You can use the OCR reader in your NordPass app to scan and input your bank card details. So next time you’re shopping online, you won’t need to go looking for your wallet. You’ll be able to insert your payment details with a few clicks.
- The NordPass built-in OCR scanner can also be used to save important information in the Secure Notes section. For example, you can scan and save your Wi-Fi password hidden at the back of your router, all the business cards in your wallet, as well as phone numbers, car numbers, voucher codes, or anything you want to keep in your secure vault.