Secure and freepassword manager
- Organize your complex passwords and keep them in one secure place — the NordPass encrypted vault.
No credit card required
What isa password manager?
- A password manager is a digital safe that encrypts and stores your logins, credit card details, generates strong passwords and autofills them.
- It remembers your passwords so you don’t need to. It also helps you organize them, fill in login forms with a click, and autosave new passwords when you visit new websites.
- A password manager protects your accounts by using mathematical formulas called encryption algorithms. They scramble your passwords, so they’d look gibberish if anyone breaks into your password manager vault. Only you can see them. With a password manager, you no longer need to reuse the same old password, either. You can create and use strong, unique passwords to make your accounts even more secure.
Should I usea password manager?
- Password managers are recommended to anyone who has at least a few online accounts.
- They are much safer and convenient than keeping all your passwords in your notebook, your head, or written on post-it notes. With a password manager, you can forget all your passwords, except one — your Master Password, the key that unlocks your encrypted vault.
Youtube creators about NordPass
ZONEofTECH’s take on NordPass:
- NordPass features a password generator, which creates secure and complex passwords for you automatically. NordPass offers you 24/7 customer support, a 30-day money-back guarantee, optional 2-Factor authentication, and so much more.
How to use NordPass
Save and store passwords as you browse
- With NordPass, you don’t need to leave your browser to save login credentials. Just log into an account once, and the app will prompt you to save your details in a click.
Access login credentials anywhere, anytime
- There are situations in life when you need your passwords here and now. That’s why NordPass is created to always be at hand. Use it on desktop, mobile, browser, or even when you’re offline.
Log into your online accounts faster
- NordPass recognizes your favorite websites, and every time you visit them, it offers to autofill your details for you. Logging into your accounts with NordPass is as easy as 1,2,3.
Shop online quickly and effortlessly
- No need to go looking for your wallet when shopping online. Save your credit card details securely with NordPass. Use them to check out and wait for your delivery.
Frequently asked questions
Go to https://nordpass.com/plans/ and choose your plan.
Download the NordPass app on your desktop or phone.
Install and open the app. You’ll be prompted to create a Nord Account. Enter your email address and wait for the confirmation link. Click on the link to create your password.
Open the app and sign in with your Nord Account credentials. You’ll be prompted to create your Master Password. Make sure it’s as unique as possible — it’s the only password you’ll need to remember to unlock your encrypted vault. It’s best if you memorize it or keep it somewhere safe.
Add your first login credentials. You can do so manually or import them in bulk.
You can now start using NordPass. To make your experience even more seamless, download NordPass on your mobile device and set it up on your favorite browser.
Password managers are safe to use if they have high security standards. When choosing one, pay attention to the encryption algorithm it uses, whether it has 2-factor authorization (2FA) and a zero-knowledge policy, and where your passwords will be stored. If your chosen password manager meets all the criteria, using it will be much safer than not using one at all.
NordPass was built with one of the latest encryption algorithms, XChaCha20, which has been praised by Silicon Valley giants. NordPass stores passwords in the cloud, but your data is encrypted before it leaves your device, meaning the NordPass team has no knowledge of what your passwords are. With NordPass, you can also use extra security features like 2FA and biometric authentication.
You should have a password manager if you have more than a few online accounts and want to ensure their security. Password managers keep your login details in an encrypted vault, away from hackers’ and snoopers’ eyes. With a password manager, you will no longer need to reuse the same password, which is one of the most common reasons why accounts get hacked. Your password manager will remember them all and will even help you to fill the login credentials when you visit your favorite websites.
Password managers are designed to store your login credentials and help you manage them. They can also include extra features such as autofill and autosave to help you find your passwords quicker, built-in password generators that create passwords when and where you need them, password sharing, and more. You can add most password managers as an extension to your browser, while some offer desktop and mobile apps.
Storing your passwords in a password manager is much safer than keeping them in your notebook or on post-it notes. Password managers protect your data by using mathematical formulas — encryption algorithms — that make your passwords gibberish to prying eyes and only visible to you. With a password manager, you no longer need to use the same password for all your accounts — create unique passwords and make them as complex as possible. The more unique your password is, the more difficult it will be to hack it.
The pricing depends on the password manager you choose. NordPass has a free version that allows you to store unlimited passwords, secure notes, and credit cards. It saves and fills your passwords automatically and syncs your data across all your devices. NordPass Premium has subscription plans that range from 1 month to 2 years. It gives you access to extra features, such as password sharing and the ability to use NordPass on 6 active devices.
We cannot guarantee that other free password managers are safe as we’re only familiar with our infrastructure. The NordPass Free version is as secure as the Premium version. They are both built using the same encryption standards, both have zero-knowledge architecture, and give you extra security features, like 2FA. The difference is that the Premium version offers you more features, such as password sharing and an ability to use NordPass on 6 active devices.