What is a password manager?
- A password manager is a digital safe that encrypts and stores your logins, credit card details, generates strong passwords and autofills them.
- A password manager app remembers your passwords so you don’t need to. It also helps you organize them, fill in login forms with a click, and autosave new passwords when you visit new websites.
- With NordPass you get top-tier security for free. NordPass protects your accounts by using mathematical formulas called encryption algorithms. They scramble your passwords, so they’d look gibberish if anyone breaks into your password manager vault. Only you can see them. With a password manager, you no longer need to reuse the same old password, either. You can create and use strong, unique passwords to make your accounts even more secure.
Should I use a password manager?
- Password managers are recommended to anyone who has at least a few online accounts.
- They are much safer and convenient than keeping all your passwords in your notebook, your head, or written on post-it notes. With a password manager, you can forget all your passwords, except one — your Master Password, the key that unlocks your encrypted vault.
- NordPass Free offers more than your average free password manager. Unlike other free services, NordPass Free puts no limit on the number of passwords or personal information you can keep, and you can also sync it across multiple devices. The NordPass app allows you to set up automated backups or import data from other password managers. And don’t forget the autofill feature, which saves your time while you shop online or log in to your favorite online accounts.
How does a password manager work?
- Using a password manager is one of the best and easiest ways to keep your favorite online accounts safe. Most password managers work similarly:
1.The user needs to install the password manager application on their device.
2.Then the user can import or enter their passwords or other sensitive information to the vault.
3.Now the user can enjoy autofill, autosave, and other convenient features that the password manager offers.
- All password managers will encrypt all sensitive data stored in the vault to ensure complete security. Password managers are built in a way that not even their vendors could access the user’s vault contents.
Designed for your comfort
Save and store passwords as you browse
- With NordPass password manager, you don’t need to leave your browser to save login credentials. Just log into an account once, and the app will prompt you to save your details in a click.
Access login credentials anywhere, anytime
- There are situations in life when you need your passwords here and now. That’s why NordPass is created to always be at hand. Use it on desktop, mobile, browser, or even when you’re offline.
Log into your online accounts faster
- NordPass recognizes your favorite websites, and every time you visit them, it offers to autofill your details for you. Logging into your accounts with the NordPass password manager is as easy as 1,2,3.
Shop online quickly and effortlessly
- No need to go looking for your wallet when shopping online. Save your credit card details securely in the NordPass password manager. Use them to check out and wait for your delivery.
Take it anywhere, anytime
- Sync your NordPass vault across multiple devices and always have your passwords on hand. The NordPass password manager app is available on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. Use NordPass extension on your browser and use autofill and autosave features to save time online. You can add the extension on all popular browsers, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Brave, Opera and Safari.
Get more with NordPass Premium
1 user account
1 user account
Frequently asked questions
We cannot vouch for other password manager apps. However, we can guarantee that the NordPass Free offers the same security as its paid counterpart.
The app was built using one of the latest encryption algorithms XChaCha20 to ensure safe and secure connection. It’s the same encryption Silicon Valley giants are currently adapting.
NordPass password manager was also designed with Zero-knowledge architecture, meaning that your login credentials are encrypted before they leave your device and are stored in the cloud. NordPass employees cannot view, edit, or otherwise manage your passwords — only you can.
Using the same password for all your accounts might be convenient, but it isn’t secure. If at least one of your accounts is compromised (for example, it gets hacked, or your details leak in a breach), all your accounts become vulnerable. This way, someone with your social media account credentials could take money from your bank account.
That’s why security experts will always advise you to use complex passwords and make them unique for different accounts. This will lessen the damage if any of your accounts get hacked.
It may be difficult to remember complex passwords by heart, but that’s what password managers are for. A password manager app stores your passwords for you, so you have less things to worry about. With a password manager like NordPass you’ll never need to reset your forgotten passwords or lose access to your accounts altogether.
You can recover your NordPass account even if you forget your Master Password. All you need is the recovery code you generated when signing up.
- Launch NordPass and click on the Forgot my Master Password? link.
- Enter your Recovery Code and click Continue.
- Type in the new Master Password and click Continue.
- You will also be provided with a new recovery code, so note it down and keep it somewhere safe.
- You can now log in to your account with your new Master Password.
NordPass free will remain free. The free version of a password manager is as secure as the premium one but lacks a few core cybersecurity features. You can continue using NordPass free or choose to upgrade to NordPass Premium at any time.
You should have a password manager if you have more than a few online accounts and want to ensure their security. Password managers keep your login details in an encrypted vault, away from hackers’ and snoopers’ eyes. With a password manager app, you will no longer need to reuse the same password, which is one of the most common reasons why accounts get hacked. Your password manager will remember them all and will even help you to fill the login credentials when you visit your favorite websites.
Starting to use the NordPass password manager is easy and quick. Here’s a quick guide on how you can start managing passwords with NordPass today:
- Go to https://nordpass.com/plans/ and choose your plan.
- Download the NordPass app on your desktop or phone.
- Install and open the app. You’ll be prompted to create a Nord Account. Enter your email address and wait for the confirmation link. Click on the link to create your password.
- Open the app and sign in with your Nord Account credentials. You’ll be prompted to create your Master Password. Make sure it’s as unique as possible — it’s the only password you’ll need to remember to unlock your encrypted vault. It’s best if you memorize it or keep it somewhere safe.
- Add your first login credentials. You can do so manually or import them in bulk.
- You can now start using NordPass. To make your experience even more seamless, download NordPass on your mobile device and set it up on your favorite browser.
A password manager such as NordPass is an encrypted vault that allows you to securely store your passwords along with other sensitive information in a single place. A password manager is able to keep your sensitive data secure by employing strong encryption technologies to ensure maximum protection.
Here’s how a password manager works:
- You generate a strong and complex password for your online account and save it in the encrypted NordPass vault.
- You enable autofill.
- You now can autofill passwords and never manually type another password again.
- You enjoy a smooth and secure online experience.
The great thing about a password manager such as NordPass is that there’s only one thing you need to remember – your Master Password. The Master Password, which you create, is your key to unlocking your encrypted vault and gain full access to all of your other passwords.
All your saved passwords are securely stored in the NordPass encrypted vault. To find any specific password you need to access your NordPass encrypted vault and either scroll through the All Items to find it or use the Search bar for quick access.
First, make sure you have the NordPass app installed on your computer, mobile or tablet device. In most instances you can find the NordPass password manager on your desktop or your mobile device’s home screen. Alternatively, you can use a search function on your device to locate the NordPass app.
A password manager is not only a good idea, it is an excellent one. In today’s digital world, passwords are a fact of life. Research shows that the average user has around 100 passwords. Remembering even half of that estimate is outright impossible. Password managers take that burden off you by offering a secure vault to store your passwords. Today’s password management solutions such as NordPass are designed for convenience as much as for security. Most offer features devised to enhance daily online experiences such as autofill, autosave, sync across multiple devices and much more. In today’s world where everything happens online password managers should be an essential part of our lives just like wallets are.
NordPass is a closed source program.