Boost your online security
with NordPass Premium
Data Breach Scanner
Check if you’ve been hacked.
How does it work?
What is Data Breach Scanner?
- Our online Data Breach Scanner is a security tool purpose-built to help you detect whether you have been hacked and if any of your personal info has been exposed in a data breach. The scanner works by checking the web for leaked databases and then comparing them to the provided email address. For a detailed report, use the in-built Data Breach Scanner with NordPass Premium.
What happens if I’ve been hacked?
- If you have been hacked and any of your email addresses, passwords, or credit card details have been exposed in a data breach, it is essential to take immediate action to protect your online accounts. Begin with changing your passwords. Getting your data leaked could lead to financial losses, identity theft, fraud, and other undesirable outcomes. Don’t take chances — take charge of your data.
Frequently asked questions
Our online Data Breach Scanner is a web tool designed to help you find out if you’ve been hacked and whether any of your personal information has been exposed in a data breach. It scans the web for breached databases and compares them to the provided email address.
Getting hacked is a real danger to the modern-day online user. Unfortunately, it’s not always possible to know that your personal information has leaked online. Large companies are often late to inform their users about data breaches, which can have undesirable consequences such as identity theft, fraud, financial loss, and others. Some signs that you’ve been hacked include:
- You can’t access some of your online accounts.
- Unrecognized credit card changes.
- You receive odd emails.
You can also check whether any of your personal information has been exposed in a data breach with the help of our Data Breach Scanner.
If you believe you have been hacked or a company that is hosting your account has been hacked, there are a few things you should do right away:
- Immediately change your passwords of all your online accounts, especially if you have reused passwords.
- If any of the accounts contained credit card information or other financial data, contact the appropriate authorities.
Passwords are our first line of defense when it comes to our online security. Having a strong, complex password is essential, yet coming up with one is not easy. Using the NordPass Password Generator is a great way to create strong passwords on the go. The next step to ensure your passwords are stored securely is using a password manager like NordPass.
Keep your passwords and data secure
1 user account