Boost online experiencewith password manager
Generate random username
Try our username generator to create unique and secure usernames, gamer tags or handles for your social media accounts. Click on the usernames to instantly check their availability on Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Pinterest, Vimeo, Twitch, Steam, Minecraft and Fortnite.
Instant randomname generator
Why use username generator
- Your username is your personal data, and a poorly chosen one can link back to you or even reveal your identity. How? Hackers can use the same tools marketers do and cross-reference your usernames over multiple platforms. That can help them create your online profile and lead to your social media accounts. However, you can protect yourself. The trick is to use a random username generator and never reuse the same name on multiple accounts.
Using the NordPass Username Generator is easy. First, use the length slider to adjust the character count for your username. Then, you have three other options:
- Click the Generate button to see a selection of random usernames generated by NordPass.
- Open Advanced options and check the Random characters box to see a selection of usernames generated using only random characters.
- If you prefer a distinct online identity, enter a keyword of your choice or use the one generated by NordPass. Click Generate for a selection of usernames that include your keyword.
Once done, you can also click on the social media icons next to the chosen username to check if it's available on Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Pinterest, or Vimeo. Click Copy to add your desired username to the clipboard. That's it — you're all done!
Your username is your identification, which you can use to build an entire profile. It’s common to have similar usernames across multiple platforms, as this creates a personal brand in a sense. But this can also produce unwanted outcomes, since bad actors could uncover your identity or even start impersonating you online. A secure username shouldn’t link you to your other online or social media accounts. It also shouldn’t contain any personally identifiable information, such as your first and last name, date of birth, or anything else that could be traced back to your real-life identity.
Unlike your password, you don’t need to change the username of any given account regularly. In fact, most platforms won’t even let you without contacting customer support. However, for maximum security, always use different usernames for each new online account you create.
To leetify a text means to replace standard letters with special symbols or numbers. Leetified usernames are not only harder to link to other accounts, but they also allow you to pick similar-looking usernames if the desired one is taken.
You can easily leetify usernames with the NordPass Username Generator. Select Leetify characters in Advanced options. If you’d rather do it yourself, all you have to do is replace letters with similar symbols: for example, use “@” or “0” for “o,” “1” for “i,” “5” for “S,” and so on.
Don't have NordPass yet?
- Get rid of password stress. Forever.
No credit card required