Scan your passwordsto find weak links
- Use Password Health to check if your passwords are weak, older than 90 days, or used for several accounts.
- Change your vulnerable passwords to strong and unique ones to protect your accounts.
What is Password Health?
- Password Health is a NordPass Premium feature that scans all passwords stored in your vault and checks how vulnerable they are. Once the scan is complete, your vulnerable passwords will be divided into Weak, Reused, and Old.
- If you have any weak passwords, that means they are not long enough and don’t contain a mixture of numbers, upper and lowercase letters, and symbols. The Reused tab will show you which of your accounts use the same password, and passwords older than 90 days will be displayed in the Old category.
- Passwords that fall under any of the three categories are considered vulnerable, and it’s recommended to change them. You can use the in-built NordPass password generator to help you create strong and unique passwords.
How to use Password Health
- Log in to your NordPass app.
- Select Tools from the menu bar in the lower left corner.
- Click Password Health, and NordPass will automatically scan all the passwords stored in your vault. (Only available on NordPass Premium).
- In the new window, you’ll see the strength of all your passwords, detailing which are weak, reused, or old.
- Go to the websites where these accounts were created and change your passwords. Then update them in NordPass.