Import passwords with ease
Safely import your existing passwords with NordPass
Move to NordPass without losing any of your credentials
Can I import my data to NordPass from other password managers?
Yes, you can import all your saved credentials from other password managers and browser extensions to a NordPass vault.
NordPass automatically recognizes which browsers (currently only works with Chrome and Firefox) store your passwords and helps you transfer them in a few clicks. If you have passwords in another password manager (LastPass, 1Password, Dashlane, KeePass, or other), simply export your passwords to a CSV file. Make sure it meets NordPass’s requirements by downloading our CSV template. You can find step-by-step tutorials on transferring data in our Help Center.
How to import passwords from browsers
If you’ve ever clicked ‘Save logins’ or a similar button in Chrome or Firefox, they most likely already store your passwords. NordPass automatically recognizes which browser currently stores your credentials and offers to import them for you.
Here’s how to import your passwords from Chrome and Firefox:
- The first time you log in to NordPass, you’ll see a message notifying you how many passwords you store and in which browsers.
- Select the browsers from which you’d like to import your passwords. You’ll need to enter your computer password to continue.
- On the next screen, you’ll see all the passwords NordPass has found. Pick and choose the ones you want to transfer or import them all.
- That’s it! You’ll now find your passwords in All Items.
- We also recommend deleting your passwords from all your browsers.
How to import passwords from other password managers
Password import is easy. Here’s how:
- Go to Settings, click on Import/Export, choose the platform you are importing your passwords from or select Other.
- Drag and drop your CSV file or look for it on your computer. Click Import Selected. For more information about importing data, visit our Help Center.
Why the CSV format
While each password manager can have a different file format, most of them, including NordPass, support CSV. That makes it easy to switch between different managers. To make sure the CSV file you’re using for password import meets our requirements, download our CSV template here.
Why import your passwords
The NordPass password export and import feature lets you transition between password managers seamlessly, so you can stay in control of your data the whole time. You can easily download your credentials from a browser or an app, without having to retype each of them manually. This is especially useful if you have tons of passwords you rarely use and might’ve forgotten them. Just upload the CSV file, and the logins will appear in your NordPass vault.