The NordPass Racing Team
- The Lithuania-based NordPass Racing team participates in the ADAC TCR Germany and other Touring Car Racing championship tours.
About the team
- The history of Team NordPass can be traced back to 2018. At the time, the team – as it stands today crew-wise – was participating in the European racing circuit. By 2021, the name Team NordPass was officially adopted. Emphasizing the importance of incremental progress and attention to detail, led by the Baltics circuit racing champion Jonas Karklys, Team NordPass quickly established itself as a force to be reckoned with by coming out victorious in the Slovakiaring TCR Eastern Europe 2021 and the Nurburgring ADAC TCR Germany 2021 events. Fueled by competitive spirit, Team NordPass is looking forward to future competitions and challenges.
- For Jonas, motosports is an inseparable part of life. The love for the sport instilled by his father – a racing driver himself – has never faded. At 11, Jonas started his kart-racing career and ever since, a variety of racing tours, championships and other motorsports events such as European Clio Cup, Eastern Europe championships, ESET V4, and Baltics Endurance championship. Last year Jonas made his debut at the ADAC TCR Germany championship.
Hyundai i30 N TCR
The i30 N TCR marks Hyundai Motorsport’s entrance into one of the fastest-growing categories in sport. Based on the road-going i30 N model, adherent to all TCR regulations, the i30 N TCR is powered by a two-liter turbocharged engine connected to a six-speed sequential gearbox and is filled with a 100-liter fuel tank. Designed between 2016-2017, the i30 N TCR immediately showcased its ability to perform and won the first race of the inaugural FIA WTRC season in 2018. Now, the i30 N TCR is Jonas’ primary racing car – it also flies the NordPass colors.
ADAC TCR Germany
- The ADAC TCR Germany is a Germany-based touring car racing series launched September 16, 2015. The series was launched by the ADAC (Europe’s largest motoring association) and Engstler Motorsport (a private German auto-racing team). The ADAC TCR German is the newest category among the ADAC GT Masters and ADAC Formula 4.
What is touring car racing?
- Touring car racing is a road racing competition with heavily modified road-going cars. The specifications for the TCR touring car were first introduced in 2014 and are now employed by a variety of competitions worldwide. The specification requires all TCR touring cars to be front-wheel drive, based on four- or five-door production vehicles, and have a 1.75- to 2.0-liter turbocharged engine. The TRC touring cars’ ability to sprint as well as to endure long-distance competitions make the class perfect for diverse areas of use from amateur to top-level racing.