Escape the password reset loop
Get more with NordPass Free
NordPass Free offers more than your average free password manager. Unlike other free services, NordPass Free puts no limit on the number of passwords or personal information you can keep, and you can also sync it across multiple devices. NordPass allows you to set up automated backups or import data from other password managers. And don’t forget the autofill feature, which saves your time while you shop online or log in to your favorite online accounts.
Top-tier security for free
We employ the xChaCha2o encryption algorithm along with the Aargon2 key derivation function to keep everything in your NordPass vault tightly locked. Everything you store in NordPass is protected by a Master Password created by you. For an extra security layer, enable 2FA or biometrics on the mobile app and enjoy a stress-free online experience.
Designed for ease of use
Easy one-click access
- Enjoy the internet without typing another password. With our free password manager, save your login details and autofill them with a click when logging in to your favorite online accounts.
- Shop online hassle-free. Add your credit cards to NordPass and instantly autofill them when making a purchase.
More than just passwords
- Safely store credit cards, secure notes, and personal info along with passwords in your NordPass vault and have secure access to everything that matters.
- Separate work from pleasure. Use folders and organize your items to access them quickly and easily.
Take it anywhere, anytime
- Sync your NordPass vault across multiple devices and always have your passwords on hand. The NordPass app is available on Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS.
- Get the NordPass extension for your browser and use the autofill and autosave features to save time online. You can add the extension on all popular browsers, such as Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Brave, Opera and Safari.
Frequently asked questions
We cannot vouch for other password manager apps. However, we can guarantee that the NordPass Free version offers the same security as its paid counterpart.
The app was built using one of the latest encryption algorithms XChaCha20 to ensure safe and secure connection. It’s the same encryption Silicon Valley giants are currently adapting.
NordPass was also designed with Zero-knowledge architecture, meaning that your login credentials are encrypted before they leave your device and are stored in the cloud. NordPass employees cannot view, edit, or otherwise manage your passwords — only you can.
Using the same password for all your accounts might be convenient, but isn’t secure. If at least one of your accounts gets compromised (for example, it gets hacked, or your details leak in a breach), all your accounts become vulnerable. This way, someone with your social media account credentials could take money from your bank account.
That’s why security experts will always advise you to use complex passwords and make them unique for different accounts. This will lessen the damage if any of your accounts get hacked.
It may be difficult to remember complex passwords by heart, but that’s what password managers are for. They store your passwords for you, so you have less things to worry about. With a password manager like NordPass you’ll never need to reset your forgotten passwords or lose access to your accounts altogether.
You can recover your NordPass account even if you forget your Master Password. All you need is the recovery code you generated when signing up.
Launch NordPass and click on the Forgot my Master Password? link.
Enter your Recovery Code and click Continue.
Type in the new Master Password and click Continue.
You will also be provided with a new recovery code, so note it down and keep it somewhere safe.
You can now log in to your account with your new Master Password.
NordPass allows you to save, manage, and find your passwords much faster. You can use Folders to group your login credentials by creating work, personal, and social folders to separate business from pleasure. You can also use the Personal Info feature, where you can store your address and contact details so that they are at hand when you fill in forms or shop online.