Get time-based one-time passwords for two-factor authentication directly from NordPass business password manager.
No credit card required
NordPass Authenticator is a unique, patented NordPass feature that leverages biometric, possession, and knowledge authentication methods. This multi-factor approach delivers a more secure 2FA solution than other password managers’.Patented Stateless System To Protect Data solution (US Patent No. 11,528,130)
How does NordPass Authenticator work?
Easily add 2FA to business accounts stored in NordPass. Once enabled, here’s how it works.
- 11Navigate to the account protected by 2FA and log in with your password — which will be filled in automatically by NordPass.
- 22Next, you will be prompted for a one-time time-based password (TOTP).
- 33Open the item in NordPass and, using your biometrics, unlock the code.
One solution for multiple security layers in your company
With NordPass Business, you get a premium corporate password manager that also eliminates the need for additional authenticator apps — allowing you and your teams to manage user authentication with a single solution.
Eliminate the need to download and manage additional apps for two-factor authentication, saving time and reducing the risk of MFA-targeted attacks.
Lock passwords, passkeys, credit cards, and other sensitive information in end-to-end encrypted storage that only your company holds the key to unlock.
Get transparency over 2FA adoption and usage by team member and account in addition to activity logs detailing who accessed what, when.
Detect data breaches involving your business credentials, domains, and emails, and assess company wide password hygiene at a glance.
Why NordPass Authenticator is better than other password managers’?
Other password managers
Provides password management capabilities
Allows you to add extra layer of security to shared business accounts
Meets the security standard of 2FA by combining multiple authentication factors
Uses patented technology to deliver a more secure two-factor authentication solution
Why choose NordPass for your business
NordPass Business is ISO 27001 and SOC 2 Type 2 certified and independently audited by Cure53.
NordPass is the only password manager using the XChaCha20 encryption algorithm and benefits from machine learning for the autofill function.
Easy to use
NordPass is user friendly, without endless menus and confusing technical jargon. Get team members up-and-running with zero training required.
Get more for less with tech-minded 24/7 support, a simple-to-use interface, and a suite of advanced security features, including a built in authenticator, with no hidden costs.
Pick the right plan for your business
Frequently asked questions
Weak and stolen passwords are unfortunately a very common way for cybercrooks to gain access to corporate accounts and sensitive data. In addition to using a password manager with strong, hard-to-hack passwords, incorporating a second authentication factor (2FA) adds an additional layer of defense to business credentials.
Beyond its security benefits, using 2FA provides a safe way for users to reset their own passwords, reducing the time individuals and IT help desks waste on password resets.
Log in to the NordPass Admin Panel as an organization Owner. Go to Settings and select “Use NordPass as an authenticator.” When the setup is complete, your organization members can start using NordPass as an authenticator.
Once enabled by your organization’s administrator, follow these steps to start using NordPass as an authenticator for your corporate accounts with two-factor authentication.
- Log in to the NordPass Android or iOS application.
- Go to “Menu” and open “Settings.”
- Scroll down to the “Item security” section and tap “Use NordPass as an authenticator.”
- Enter your NordPass Master Password and select “Continue.”
- Follow the prompts to add fingerprint or facial recognition biometric authentication.
To add 2FA to an account, first log in to that account. Then, in the account:
- Go to security settings and turn on two-step authentication.
- If given the choice, select “authenticator app” (not SMS).
- If needed, re-enter your password for this account with help from NordPass’ autofill function.
- Then, a QR code or secret key will appear.
Now, in NordPass:
- Log in to NordPass Android or iOS application.
- Use the search bar to navigate to the account credentials.
- Select “Edit,” then “Add two-factor code.”
- When prompted, either scan the QR code or paste the secret key with NordPass.
- Once you have completed step 4, a time-based one-time passcode (TOTP) will appear.
Go back to the account and enter the TOTP from NordPass to confirm. The next time you log in to this account, you will be prompted for a TOTP that you can unlock from the item in NordPass with your biometric data.
Yes! Every item stored in NordPass is protected with end-to-end encryption, meeting the industry’s highest standard of security.
Plus, adding a second factor (or 2FA) using NordPass as an authenticator is more convenient than using third-party apps and more secure than other password managers’ two-factor solutions. NordPass keeps time-based one-time passcodes (TOTP) locked behind biometric data, meeting the security standard of true two-factor authentication, unlike other password managers’ “two-step” login solutions.